Columbia University Morningside Campus
Pupin Physics Building Natural Gas Upgrade
Pupin Hall was built in 1925 and it currently provides space for the Physics Department. The building is categorized as landmark because of the research advances in nuclear science during the Manhattan Project aiding the develop the first nuclearized weapon.
DM Engineers was retained by Columbia University to lead the implementation of replacement of the Pupin Physics Building natural gas system serving the teaching laboratories. Scope of work included leading the design team, procuring the contractors and executing the construction thru Building Department and Utility provider sign-off. The project included installing natural gas serving six floors of academic laboratory space while maintaining occupancy. Additionally, the project upgraded the facility’s gymnasium dyers natural gas service and mechanical ventilation.