SUNY DOWNSTATE MEDICAL CENTER
Brooklyn, New York
Owner’s Code Inspector
SUNY Downstate Medical Center
Performed required mechanical code inspections for the DLAR and IAVI HVAC Upgrades and BSB. Systems inspected included:
1. 600-ton Central Chiller Plant addition of water cooled electric centrifugal chiller, pumps, valves, etc. in the existing chiller plant.
2. Replacing the existing fuel oil transfer pump set and associated controls with new fuel oil transfer system.
3. Modification to the existing Air Handling Units with over 40,000 CFM each.
4. Air handling unit upgrade for AHUs 1-4 which included replacement of large vane axial fan with fan array, replacement of air to air heat exchanger with glycol runaround coil heat exchanger, cooling coil.
5. Installation of a new 1000KW/1250KVA diesel engine generator.
6. Building management system conversion from pneumatic to direct digital controls.
BROOKDALE HOSPITAL MEDICAL CENTER
Chiller addition feasibility study
CONEY ISLAND HOSPITAL
Critical care structure